[linux-audio-user] jack compiling problems with kernel 2.6

Benjamin Flaming lau at solobanjo.com
Fri Jan 23 09:56:53 EST 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 10:06 am, Alexander Klosch wrote:
> configure: WARNING: *** no libcap present
> configure: WARNING: *** required program md5sum not found
> configure: error: *** Capabilities support not present. Run configure
> again without --enable-capabilities.

     Just FYI, I think the message about md5sum being "not found" is a bug in
the configure script.  When I tried to "./configure --enable-capabilities"
without libcap installed, I got the same message about md5sum being "not
found".  After I installed libcap, everything was fine.  This doesn't explain
the other problems you're seeing, but at least it's one less dependency to
worry about.