[linux-audio-user] ecasound ???'s

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sat Jan 24 11:07:35 EST 2004

Hi all,

I will be setting up an audio Linux box this spring for a museum
exhibition that will run for about 4 weeks. It will probably run without
an xserver and use Pure Data in --nogui mode since a GUI is not needed,
and may turn itself on and off with a chronjob function.

My question is this: since I want to document the sound of the
exhibition, I would like ecasound to record from all four outputs
periodically [also as a chronjob]. I am not too familiar with ecasound,
but it seems like exactly the kind of low-overhead tool to do the job.
So can anyone tell me how to capture from *outputs* and not inputs?

thanks,
Derek
--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl