[linux-audio-user] How to set up a linux box to record an album

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Jan 25 09:08:02 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 07:24, Livio wrote:
> I'm going to read the document, At first look it seem professional! :D
> I saw also that you wrote the page axplaining how to install Ardour,jack
> and alsa driver in Red Hat 7.3. I've got a mdk 9.1 distribution. It's
> the same thing?!

It should be fairly close to Mandrake.  I think there is someone on the
list that has RPM's built for Mandrake.  Ah, I found it - check out:

http://rpm.nyvalls.se/sound9.1.html

In addition to Ardour I'm sure you'll be interested in JAMin (JACK Audio
Mastering interface).  We just released our first beta tarball.  I would
go with CVS on that one though since I just put in a whole bunch of
major changes and we haven't done a new tarball yet.  Have fun.

Jan