[linux-audio-user] Help - with Midiman Quattro

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Jan 25 23:37:11 EST 2004

dave aube wrote:

> I Have outputs from Quattro work great,  but no inputs, and no way to
> adjust volume.

You will need the .asoundrc stuff for multiple virtual devices. I have
been unable to record for more than 8 minutes with JACK on all four
channels. This is because USB devices use true 24 bit format instead of
32 bit and jack has no support for period sizes which are not equal to
powers of two.

There is a feature request for this code but it is not simple and only a
few people understand what needs to be done in the internals. ONe day
someone will find the time to fix it.

> KAMix shows proper inputs and outputs for the PCM card (second card), but
>   when set to the Quattro card. the KAMix Window is blank for inputs and
> outs.

As Frank said there are not mixer controls.

> Qinit shows a segmentation fault.

That suggests something else is wrong. Although you shouldn't need qinit
anymore.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

  Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM