[linux-audio-user] linux and alsaplayer

jaap jacobus at free.fr
Tue Jan 27 20:08:45 EST 2004

Le Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:31:13AM +0100, Joern Nettingsmeier a écrit...

> jack needs root to get realtime priority and to lock memory.
> you can either work as root, or add a small patch to your kernel and use
> the jackstart wrapper (which is suid root). then you can run the rest of
> the jack clients as normal user.
> see the jack faq on jackit.sf.net.

 I did the rt-capability operation.Now alsaplayer and ardour
are doing fine with jackstart.
Muse doesnt like this way.With jackstart it still needs to be root for
starting,but then it crashes.It still works when jack is started the old
way (as root).
The qeustion is who is to blame :me,jack or muse?

Thanks for the help

Jaap van Geffen