[linux-audio-user] m3u streaming

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Jan 28 08:26:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:25 pm, Steve Harris wrote:
> alsaplayer, but it doesnt like mono files.

Thanks. No mention of this ability in the man page. I did try
it earlier but, for me, with an SBlive, a 2.6.2-rc2 kernel and
ALSA from CVS, it seems alsamixer is now quite different from
what it was before I rebooted... I think, somethings changed.

Anyway, it seems m3u streaming support in alsaplayer is not well
supported... I'm trying a remote playlist of 9 lo-fi mp3s and
it only played the first one... still streaming and shows (1/9)
but is not playing the following songs.

FWIW does this play beyond the first song for anyone else ?

 alsaplayer http://mp3.arisonic.com/regenerationz/00_all.m3u

--markc