[linux-audio-user] Alsaplayer and equivalents?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Thu Jan 29 13:27:56 EST 2004

Hello.

Is there a player with similar design as gqview has?
Then I could easily play songs and move between directories.

I checked Alsaplayer but it does not provide the directory
browsing. Worse, Alsaplayer does not know anything what
happens in the directories: songs stay in the play list
even they are completely deleted.

Alsaplayer also does not show the filenames but prefers to dig
info from mp3 files and display that. I need names which match
with filenames (so that I don't have to guess the filenames!).

The playlist in Alsaplayer does not provide any grouping/folders.
All songs are in one list. I know a guy who has 10,000+ songs in
mp3/wma format. All can be managed easily with the software he
uses in MS Windows. That kind of software equipped with direct
directory browsing would be great in Linux.

Regards,
Juhana