[linux-audio-user] moterhboard and sound card advise

Veronica Merryfield veronica.merryfield at tesco.net
Thu Jul 1 05:38:44 EDT 2004

This will be my only Linux machine, although I am sure more will follow.
I could prototype it, but I was hoping to get a good steer from current
users.
Thanks for the steer on soundcards.
I want 1/4" in and posssibly stereo out. Input from a wireless link from a
bass guitar. Could be balanced in, but would llike unbal as well, same for
output. You are right about USB - not really.
I want to use a pedal board to control it, possibly midi, or with a
digital/analogue IO card. I also have thoughts of using as a synth.

Raises another question - anyone writen a good pitch tracker (thinking
driving synth from audio input).
--
Veronica Merryfield, somewhere in Cambridgeshire, UK