[linux-audio-user] real-time audio effects (was: plugging a bass guitar in a linux box)

caffeine caffeine at altern.org
Sun Jul 4 06:12:09 EDT 2004

Hi list,

Thanks to everyone who answered to the previous thread. I played around
a bit with ecamegapedal, and I have to say I'm amazed by the
performances on this box (an old celeron 400...)

Now I'm thinking about using it as an effect rack (it might actually
look good on stage (somewhat nerdish, but I like nerdish stuff (and
lisp))). I've looked here and there for interesting software to use but
I'm kinda lost. Ecasound seems like the thing I'd need, but I'm
wondering if I'm not missing something (there is a plethora of free
multimedia software out there (maybe more than closed source ones), but
it's difficult to locate the thing you need).

So basically my question is, what do you people use for effect
processing on live instruments ? I'm pretty sure there are lots of nifty
things to do, I just don't know where to start...

And thanks again for your previous replies.