[linux-audio-user] Soundcards & preamps [a bit OT]

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Tue Jul 6 10:41:10 EDT 2004

> Then there is the option of having the preamps in the sound card itself. I
> need more than two, so the Omni I/O is out of the question. I just found
> about the Terratec MIC-8
> (http://produceren.terratec.net/product.php?pid=9). It's well out of my
> price range, but it has 8 inputs, so it would also be a nice soundcard
> upgrade, so it _might_ be a good investment. But of course, there would be
> a lot of unwiring/rewiring...

For the moment the Terratec is probably not supported, it seems to be Firewire
based and there's no support for firewire audio devices yet :-/. Firewire
seems to be what is used in many new hardwares so I hope we can get support
for the standard soon. (Though, this only means that the products which
adhere to the standard will work, it seems several products do not use the
standard)

Regards,
Robert
--