[linux-audio-user] Re: Note tuning and quantizer in audio files

Mel Steinberg saxofon at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 6 14:18:00 EDT 2004

A great E-Mail.

I did some ProTool overdubs recently on tenor saxophone.  When I asked
the producer/engineer if we could do another pass on a section as I felt
the high Eb was a little down, he stated that:  "it was OK, we can fix
it with AutoTune."  What bothered me was that there were notes that I
DID want a little detuning on, and that it was ALL out of my hands at
that point.

    /mel

Professional Musician - Saxophone/Flute/Clarinet