[linux-audio-user] Re: Note tuning and quantizer in audio files

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Tue Jul 6 15:09:00 EDT 2004

Eduardo Guerrero wrote:

> Well, most of the time you use autotuning on a single note, that way
> you don't loose the particular sound, especially on sax.
>
> And besides autotune, you can do manual pitch shift which to my ears
> sound better. Again only in the bitter note.

Agreed, that's how it should be used, to get around having to do punch
ins.  I bet a lot of engineers are lazy and just say, the hell, I'll
just do it to the whole track.... or it leads to over reliance on such
technology by the performers and they get lazy.

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly