[linux-audio-user] New Asus Ath. XP 2500 Delta 1010LT performance

Ben ben at glw.com
Tue Jul 6 15:42:27 EDT 2004

> From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net>
> Subject: [linux-audio-user] New Asus Ath. XP 2500 Delta 1010LT
> 	performance
> I'm using it as a live fx processor) But if I try to run at 96000 it
> pops and stuff even at higher intervals (512, 1024,etc).
>
> I guess I expected it should be able to do this no problem and I
> would
> get better fidelity as a result. What would the possible verdict be
> here?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> R~

I can't tell you what is causing this but you probably won't get a
noticeable improvement by switching from 48 to 96 kHz.  Your speaker
system (and your ears) are probably incapable of resolving >20kHz
signals in a live PA-type situation.  Audio professionals ( mixers,
mastering engineers, etc - not manufacturers ) are still undecided
whether higher sampling rates is a good thing.  If you are looking for
higher fidelity sound, your time will be much better spent examining
the gain stages of your system ( matching the impedances of inputs and
outputs, etc ) rather than trying to get hicher frequency response
though your DSP box.

-Ben Loftis