[linux-audio-user] how good are soundfonts and where do I find them?

Michal Kostrzewa m.kostrzewa at pentacomp.com.pl
Wed Jul 7 05:25:47 EDT 2004

W liście z śro, 07-07-2004, godz. 10:10, Atte André Jensen pisze:
> Hi
>
> Being new to soundfonts I baically needed a decent piano soundfont for
> arranging stuff for my students, but after shopping around, I thought it
> maybe could be taken a step further. So my question is: Are soundfonts
> good enough for "real" music production? And where can I find nice ones
> to download? I guess I'm looking for imitations of real instruments,
> mostly piano, accoustic drums and bass, but expressive strings and other
> orchestral sounds would also be nice.

Hello,
Having a good sound font is very important :) you may try this site:
http://www.personalcopy.com/sfarkfonts1.htm
Fonts placed here are big (ca 50MB) because many tones at different
pitch are sampled for a single instrument. I especially like and
appreciate PC51 font.

best regards,
Michal Kostrzewa