[linux-audio-user] Re: Jamin

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Jul 7 14:48:48 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 16:48, David Baron wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 July 2004 17:47,
> linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 03:09:57PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> > > I am running on a PIII clocked to 575mhz with 512m RAM. Running Debian
> > > Sid, 2.6.7 kernel. I put in the realtime-lms to enable real time.
> > > Am I missing anything or am I simply asking too much of this system.
> > I think you just dont have enough CPU power.
> Yeah, seems that way. Might work OK if Jamin read its files directly since
> I can apply similar plugins in Xmms without problems, even with other
> processes eating CPU cycles.

You aren't using similar plugins in XMMS. They might be named in a similar way
and might work in a similar way, but they aren't the same great stuff as its
in jamin...

And, yes, Jamin needs some CPU-power, more than similar plugin in other
environments. But its certainly a lot more that you get with Jamin (if you
have enough power).

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---