[linux-audio-user] how good are soundfonts and where do I find them?

Rick Henry rhenry at ac-technologies.com
Thu Jul 8 11:16:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:25:39 +0100, tim hall wrote

> ... I'm also on a mission
> to find out how far you can get in computer music on next to no
> money (e.g. welfare). I intend to disseminate what I've discovered
> once I've achieved the objective, which is to basically record an
> album using GNU tools on low cost / donated hardware. I want to show
> that it can not only be done, but done well. To this end the
> soundfonts I use should really be GPL'd or CC'd.

That's an interesting and admirable mission.  It's taken awhile to get good,
stable GPL'd music software (some of which is about to turn "1.0").  I imagine
in time we'll also see some good GPL'd samplesets too.  I'm very interested in
the results you achieve.  Please keep us posted.

R.
==