[linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Thu Jul 8 16:08:56 EDT 2004

R Parker wrote:

> It certainly isn't beyound me to wish that a company
> with a high grade product would port to linux.
> However, my feelings for that have changed. My current
> position is, fuck them. This our community, let's keep
> it that way. We need to put leeches on our own hooks.
>
> I am prepared to spend $10.00 or $15.00 towards the
> purchase of something if I know that money will be
> well spent. If a couple hundred of us do that, we'll
> make a hell of a contribution to our favorite project.
>
> The more I think about giving $500.00 U.S. to a closed
> project, the more pissed off I get. I'm tell'n ya, I'm
> turning purple over here. Actually, I just had a
> breakthrough on the drum kit so I'm not very purple.

It was only a couple of years that ago that people started taking Linux
seriously for graphics work, and it is becoming more and more prominent
especially in the motion picture post-production/visual FX industry...
open source/free software even, not just ports of commercial
applications.  I can only hope that people will start taking Linux for
audio use seriously... especially for the starving musician who can;t
afford to shell out $500 for Finale or $700 or more for DAW software.

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly