[linux-audio-user] Note typesetting for Linux

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Jul 9 15:48:54 EDT 2004

On Friday 09 Jul 2004 8:08 pm, Chris Pickett wrote:
> Yes, of course, but the typesetting language _itself_ doesn't have
> this, right?  I can also do [...] in TeX, but that doesn't make it
> _programming_.

Bad example -- TeX is not a very efficient general-purpose language,
but it is certainly a true programming language.  Here for example
are implementations of Bresenham's straight line algorithm and Bezier
splines in TeX, which I wrote for fun about twelve years ago:

  http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/m/line-algorithms.tex

I don't think that has much bearing on the present discussion though!

Chris