[linux-audio-user] 24-track setup question

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 13:57:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

RH9
Planet CCRMA
rme9652 (the old one, not the hdsp)

Ardour is in a beta stage of development. It changes
all the time so I wouldn't advise you to build
something and expect it to perform everytime you need
it. That's not going to happen until 1.0.

The good news is Paul Davis expects to have 1.0
released very soon. I'm thinking 30ish days.

With every opportunity, I use Ardour. I test Ardour
daily and know what's happening with it at all times.
I'm never suprised by anything and that's exactly how
you need to aproach it.

I keep a Mac running Digital Performer and when doing
jobs that must have perfect technical behaviour I use
it.

The RME hardware is very good. I assume you've got a
hardware console or a fine rack of preamps.

Please do ask any other questions you want. I love
talking about Ardour. :)

ron