[linux-audio-user] Re: A little scared of Debian

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sun Jul 11 03:30:32 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 23:29, David Baron wrote:
> On Sunday 11 July 2004 08:36, linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
> wrote:
> > Only, Knoppix is a bit weak with audio applications. Demudi also has
> > Knoppix-based Live-CDs
>
> After you are up and running, apt-get all the nice stuff like ardour, etc.

I seem to go thru a "wild hair" thing (as in my You_know_what) once in
awhile. I go wandering aimlessley and defenselessly through the cosmos
of Linux distro's...

I looked at Debian and I think Suse and some other funky named distro
with some type of package base. It seemed that a lot of the packages
were behind in release issues as compared to Mandrake?? Like Jack for
example. 0.9.8 had just hit and the Deb or whatever was still 0.9.41 or
whatever it was.  OF course with MDK we have the miraculous Thac, whom I
think has learned to live without sleep entirely. None the less he is
never far behind when new significant releases hit the air.

R~