[linux-audio-user] 24-track setup question

urban schlemmer schlemmer at nusurf.at
Sun Jul 11 10:54:34 EDT 2004

Am Samstag, 10. Juli 2004 19:57 schrieb R Parker:
> Hi,
>
> RH9
> Planet CCRMA
> rme9652 (the old one, not the hdsp)
>
> Ardour is in a beta stage of development. It changes
> all the time so I wouldn't advise you to build
> something and expect it to perform everytime you need
> it. That's not going to happen until 1.0.
>
> The good news is Paul Davis expects to have 1.0
> released very soon. I'm thinking 30ish days.
>
> With every opportunity, I use Ardour. I test Ardour
> daily and know what's happening with it at all times.
> I'm never suprised by anything and that's exactly how
> you need to aproach it.
>
> I keep a Mac running Digital Performer and when doing
> jobs that must have perfect technical behaviour I use
> it.
>
> The RME hardware is very good. I assume you've got a
> hardware console or a fine rack of preamps.
>
> Please do ask any other questions you want. I love
> talking about Ardour. :)

Thx a lot for your response, Ron! Yes preamps are
important, we started develloping our own mic-pres here at
ELAK. (www.derton.at)

Sorry for this question: And what about other apps, like
audacity or ecasound ??

urban
ps. i look mainly for recording facilities. editing is
done in sequoia, whitch is my choice for classical
multitrack-editing.