[linux-audio-user] A little scared of Debian, was Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Mon Jul 12 04:51:16 EDT 2004

> To be the quintesential dumb bunny again...So on MDK, I would use
> Kpackage to install MDK rpm's only?

Kpackage isn't a packaging system. It's just an application to ease
administration of packages.
I think it was, once, the default administration tool in mandrake (but I'm not
sure). Mandrake has for many years now had it's version of apt-get called
urpmi, which is a layer ontop of rpm to ease installation of packages and
it's dependencies. There are quite a few urpmi repositories out on the net.

> Or could I use .deb or RH or what
> ever other packages to install to my MDK system?

See the other mail I sent about that. In short, it does not work in general.

> I know this is a
> stretch even as I write it. But I've written it....and what is written
> must be ........sent!

Indeed ;)

/Robert

--