[linux-audio-user] midi issues...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Wed Jul 14 11:12:24 EDT 2004

Hi gang.

I have a Delta 1010LT and I want to run and external sequencer thru the
midi in port to run a soft synth like Fluid with a GM or GS font set.

I use this midi in port already for an external controller that controls
mixer items in Ardour. When Ardour is open, I don't seem to be able to
connect the Qsynth port to the Delta midi in port. Is this normal?

If so, is there somekind of virtual splitter out there. Winblows has
several(Don't know what all of its capabilities were)...one virtual midi
input and 2,3,4 or more separate midi outs for running different gear.

And then could I run 16 channels of sequenced midi data into the linux
box to softsynth and still run Ardour separately using the same midi in
port to control the surfaces in Ardour.

thanks

R~