[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 10, Issue 55

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Jul 14 11:58:34 EDT 2004

Markus Schwarzenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:44:44 -0700 (PDT) Brian Redfern
> <bredfern at calarts.edu> wrote:
>

>>2.6 on suse is also different than 2.6 fedora, because suse has a
>>couple of audio programmers who work to make sure their kernel works
>>with audio, so I can use all my audio apps out of the box with 9.2,
>>and the 2.6 kernel, without latency problems, and without needing a
>>kernel recompile.
>

> Suse 9.2 ? I thought they are at 9.1, currently - no hints to 9.2 on
> their web site (It's funny, there are some more "suse 9.2" google matches).
>
> So, apparently suse 9.1 does have an audio friendly kernel?

I believe that Takashi-san works for Suse. He recently posted a paper
showing some latency numbers for different distributions. Suse did quite
well as I remember. It was my impression that this was not an accident
and that he had played a part in making sure this was true.

It made me briefly consider trying Suse out... ;-0

- Mark