[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 10, Issue 55

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Jul 15 15:23:17 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 20:46, RickTaylor at speakeasy.net wrote:

>  Speaking of file systems... is anyone in here using XFS yet?

I do.

For audio stuff (small files, small bitrate) it seems to me as good (or
as bad) as Ext3 and ReiserFS.

For video stuff (big files, big bitrates) it runs circles around all
other filesystems. E.g. "rm -f *" on 10 files 40GB total happens in less
than a second. :-)
In general it's amazingly fast with large files (hundred megs or more).

Since my PC is a general-purpose multimedia machine (audio + video) i
use XFS on the multimedia spool drives (and Ext3 on everything else).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/