[linux-audio-user] Looking for howto to control audioplayer with footswitch

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Thu Jul 15 17:14:19 EDT 2004

Jürgen Schöneberg wrote:

> I 'm looking for a linux software to play soundfiles controlled by
> a footswitch on the serial port. (just possible to control start, rewind,
> stop) .
>
> Usually I'm using jack/ardour but haven't seen the possibility to use a
> footswitch to control the software.
>
> Even a howto for using a footswitch as an input device for a perl script would
> be very helpful.

You can use a MIDI controller (like the M-Audio Evolution controller),
which uses the usb-midi interface to control things like transport,
sliders, etc.  I bet there are foot-switch controllers than can be used
as MMC or MTC masters also.

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly