[linux-audio-user] Superscripting in Lilypond?

Glenn McCord clari_player at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jul 16 07:52:39 EDT 2004

Gidday. I'm using Lilypond to write some SATB and am trying to write
chords under my bass stave. However it's posing difficult to write
diminished and augmented chords that included superscripting i.e
vii<sup>o</sup>.
I've got the documentation and have been able to only use superscripting
when I grab a note and go say, d_\markup{ vii \super{"o"}}. However if I
do this for all notes, all the chords are written at different levels.
Curerntly I'm just writing them as lyrics and instead of going
vii<sup>o</sup> I just use viiDim. I'd rather not use that though.

Cheers for any advice.