[linux-audio-user] APIC is bad? What about hdparm?

RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Sat Jul 17 09:58:52 EDT 2004

Tim,
> Last Friday 16 July 2004 18:47, Chaz Worm was like:
> > Speaking of disagreements, I've seen two groups of thought on using
> > 'hdparm' to speed up a hard drive.  What is the final verdict?
>
> I've only come across the POV that it's essential for glitch-free recording.

You do have to be careful with it. You can fry your drive.

{At least you can get it hot enough that it starts beeping at you.
I imagine frying would be the next step.}

This message has been brought to you in part by a grant from Columba.