[linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sat Jul 17 13:10:39 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 04:39, Stanley Jaddoe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a few weeks ago I posted this message to the Agnula mailing list:
> <http://lurker.agnula.org:80/message/20040704.234019.574495d2.html>
> with a diagram <http://lurker.agnula.org:80/attach/4%
> 4020040704.234019.574495d2.attach> of a setup I'd like to accomplish in Linux
> (using Demudi)
>
> The only thing missing is a virtual mixing desk, where all outputs of all
> Jackified softsynths are connected to. The mixing desk should provide (at
> minimum) the same functions as the mixing desk in Cubase VST (screenshot:
> <http://www.doepfer.de/controller/cubaseVST5_absctrl_tutorial/Images/VST 5
> ChannelMixer1.jpg>).
> Each strip should provide send/insert LADSPA effects and an EQ.
> It should be possible to save all mixer settings (total recall) preferably via
> LASH

IMHO, there is nothing more appropriate for these tasks than the Ardour
mixer interface. As I state usually in this line of useage, it is a
massive underuse of Ardour and all of it's other capabilities but I use
it's mixer interface live for gigs and it is all of the things you want
plus a LOT more when you have the need.

Cheers