[linux-audio-user] hdparm and SATA

Matthew Barber brbrofsvl at aol.com
Sat Jul 17 18:40:01 EDT 2004

->The rest of the IDE stuff shouldn't apply to SATA unless the standards
committees have done a real botched job of things.<-

I have one Seagate Barracuda SATA drive that is seen by the system BIOS
on the primary master IDE channel.  I suspect different boards and BIOSs
will handle SATA differently - some will handle it as some kind of SCSI,
and some as some kind of IDE, but I could be wrong.  I have used hdparm
on my SATA drive as though it were an IDE, but it didn't change much.

Matt