[linux-audio-user] [ANN] MusE 0.7.0 is out!

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Mon Jul 19 15:13:22 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 14:29, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> [...]
>         editor
>       * impl. "all notes off" for organ synti
>       * disabled buttons for not implemented functions
>       * added muse/wave/solo button in the trackinfo
>       * enabled some midi sync code
>       * dialogs for change of drummap when converting miditrack to drumtrack
>         or changing port.
>       * automatic trackchange in tracklist when selecting parts in arranger
>       * added modify velocity to drumeditor + bugfix for modify velocity
>       * fixed midi step recording
>       * fixed bug in arranger: pressing enter after renaming part started
>         editor
>       * fixed --enable-rtcap configuration option
>       * fix make MusE work on 64 bit architectures
>       * added aux send for syntis
>       * added info box which explains why when MusE gets kicked by Jack
>       * added instrument definition for roland MC-505
>       * store a backup upon saving a new version of a song
>       * transpose + grid patch added
>       * added new config option: disable splash screen
>       * fixed a crash when moving an event to tick positions < 0
>       * fixed: selecting a note in pianoroll editor and changing a value
>         with note-info toolbar crashed MusE
>       * added pianoroll velocity variation when clicking on virtual keyboard
>       * hopefully a fix for drum in & outmap-issues in midi.cpp
>       * FluidSynth: added support for drum patches
>       * MusE now will not start if RTC is not available.
>       * changed default start behaviour to open default.med template
>       * Lots of new icons
>       * Autodetect of browser for help system
>       * pitch bend handling and import fixed
>       * show one more measure in pianoroll and drum editor
>       * list editor: implemented input mode for program change messages
>       * fixed routing for stereo LADSPA plugins used in mono strips
>       * midi import fixes
>       * auxSend chorusSend and reverbSend enabled in midi mixer strip if
>         corresponding controllers are added
>       * implemented "Add New Controller" in list editor / edit controller
>       * midi controller values now saved in *.med file
>       * drag & drop import of wave and midi files
>       * updated roland-XP30.idf instrument definition
>       * Custom guis for plugins work again
>       * Splash screen
>       * LADCCA/LASH support updated
>       * Cleaned up shortcuts
>       * Single key shortcuts for edit tools
>       * Update marker list on tempo change
>       * Allow adding markers from the ruler with shift-click
>       * Metronom now sends proper note off events
>       * Clip list editor deaktivated
>       * After loading of template, treat current project as "untitled"
>       * Song format changed due to bugfixes
>       * Shortcuts to bug reporting tool and homepage from help menu
>       * Updated AboutBox
>       * Fixed QT version check in m4/qt.m4
>
> check the Changelog
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/lmuse/muse/ChangeLog?rev=1.214&view=auto
> for a complete list of changes (no this wasn't all).
>
> Have lots of fun and tell us what you think!

I THINK Muse is fast approaching the point where I can dump Winblows
altogether where I use Sonar XL 2.1 as my sequencer playback app. I
could live without the sequencer bit but the use of softsynths has been
a bit rough with both Muse and Rosegarden. All I use is softsynths.
Namely, Roland VSC which is robust, uniform in its samples and GS
compatible.

Just installed Muse 7.0 on my Mandrake system (10.0) from Thac's. When I
run Muse it complains that it's looking for SCHED_FIFO and wont start.
I'm using the 2.6.7 kernel with capabilities. (modprobe realtime any=1
allcaps=1 gid=29) I have added my user account to group 29 and Jack,
Ardour, etc all run in RT from my user account.

Thoughts?

I'm excited to test the new Muse out.

Regards,
R~