[linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware - Solved for now?

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Thu Jul 22 03:38:43 EDT 2004

>  You use this commercially? For "mission critical" stuff?

Yes.  It passed all 100% CPU utilisation and md5-memory checksumming tests
without a single fault in its cabinet.

I was just idly curious about it... it's running as a backup server for
something else.  It's going onto its 75th day of uptime, and no process has
even core-dumped on it.  CPU Temperature is holding at 45 C, and these
SuperMicros have passive CPU cooling (albeit with four 12,000 RPM chassis
fans drawing air from the air towards the rear).

Go figure.  I assumed it'd have crashed and burned during my burn-in test.
It performed flawlessly.

I did use good quality ECC DDR-400 matched RAMs.

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.