[linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Thu Jul 22 22:43:23 EDT 2004

Florin Andrei wrote:
> If you want really good phones but your budget is really tight,
> Sennheiser HD580 at $200 are the best for the price. They use the same
> mobile parts as the HD600, it's just the assemblage and casing that's
> less good. In a noisy environment (at a music gear store) i couldn't
> tell the difference between them and HD600.

   couldn't find HD580 anywhere, I was under impression they were
replaced by slightly cheaper HD570 and same/price or slightly more
expensive HD590

   I tested both HD570 ($130) and HD590 ($200?) and I liked HD570 more,
slightly cleaner sound, then again I tested them with mp3 player
(PJB-100) so take it with grain of salt:-) I like them a lot but use
them with mp3 player (iPod), computer (sb live platinum) and line6
guitar pod mostly, nothing high end.

	erik