[linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Fri Jul 23 22:27:15 EDT 2004

Ah,

I just re-read your mail and then re-read my motherboard manual.
So I'm running with an effective fsb of 66.8MHz [penny]
That's what I get with the default settings of JP29 & JP23 on the motherboard
[duh] If I was to jumper them at, say 5-6 & 3-4 respectively, this would give
me host clock 3x (100 - 124MHz) [er] which I assume would then show up in the
BIOS? [oh] could I then set it to the specified 100MHz x 6 ?:-]
I assume that's what my system would prefer.
[ps] One day I might get the hang of this hardware stuff. [clunk]

I realise this is probably elementary stuff for most of you.
It's a flippin' revelation for me :-)

Little note for Steve Harris:
If I'm right, this means I've been successfully running JAMin on a severely
_underclocked_ Celeron 600, so stick that in your minimum system
requirements ;-]

thanks for your patience & assistance.

tim hall

Last Saturday 24 July 2004 01:42, I went: