[linux-audio-user] OT Zaurus as an audio device?

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Sun Jul 25 20:15:41 EDT 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 13:34, Laura Conrad wrote:
> I just acquired a Zaurus 5500, and I'm wondering if anyone has gotten
> farther than I have using the Audio capabilities.
>
> What I'd like is to use it to play MIDI files,  record
> practice sessions, and as a tuner and a metronome.
>
> Recording the practice sessions worked out of the box, with the single
> point stereo microphone I use with my minidisk recorder, and playing
> back with the compact portable speakers.
>
> There's an entry in the http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/  software index
> for something that works as a tuner and a metronome, but the links are
> broken.
>
> And there are tantalizing references to using the libsdl mixer with
> some patches to do MIDI via timidity.  Has anyone tried this?

I wish i could get one of those, but it's not supported in my country, as in..
I get no tech service or anything.. and I have to mail the device for any
inconvenience.. too much of a mess :P

I'm tyring to port my audio code to work on PalmOS 5 models and it's pretty
painful due to how horribly designed the device is, and how it forces you to
keep backwards compatibility with m86k when I really dont want it...

Wish I could just install linux on it, hehe :)