[linux-audio-user] live music with linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 28 18:10:00 EDT 2004

Hallo,
Sampo Savolainen hat gesagt: // Sampo Savolainen wrote:

> A more sophisticated approach would be that the cron'd system scripts,
> like slocate, would check whether jackd (+maybe some other essential RT
> software, which don't need jack) before running. This way you wouldn't
> have to hack anything.

I use and recommend anacron. Anacron runs all cron job tasks either at
the time they are scheduled (at night normally) or after the first
boot on a day, if the machine was off during the night.

This way all my cron jobs run when I read the day's first emails and
they are through for the rest of the day. For special occasions like a
live gig I just use my special, cron-free runlevel.  I'd say that this
setup is very useful for a general purpose machine, that isn't always
on. Always-on machines generally do cronjobs outside of the business
hours anyways.

Ciao