[linux-audio-user] headless audio apps

robin fell robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 29 18:36:07 EDT 2004

Hello

[apologies for remotely on-topic post - i'm  an X noob]

Has anyone on the list any useful anecdotes about running X apps
remotely (through ssh in my case) and having strange problems?

Since I'm still in the process of setting up a terminal I haven't gotten
a full list of the misbehaving apps - but I have seen ~30% load increase
(as reported by an admittedly old qjackctl) upon starting meterbridge
remotely (vs starting locally).

I'm wondering if this is something I have this set-up incorrectly....

[I'd also be interested if anyone has any measurements for the
performance benefits of remoting audio apps.]

cheers
Rob