[linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Jonathan Segel jsegel at magneticmotorworks.com
Fri Jul 30 01:39:38 EDT 2004

>  > On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 15:26, Dave Robillard wrote:
>  > > Hello LAU,
>  > > I'm designing a modular synth engine, and would like to get some input
>>  > on desired features/abilities to make sure it's designed in a way that
>  > > will make it the most flexible.

i have a few things, besides the easy-midi-map. (reaktor is pretty
easy that way i think, like click/highlight a knob or slider and then
move any controller to map it, maybe with a   modifier key..?)

anyway. two things, coming from the world of supercollider objects:
one is phase modulation. a typical Sine Oscillator, say, should have
at least four inlets: frequency, phase, a multiplier-in and an
amplitude-in.

two is a buffer reading oscillator. which is to say, a sample player,
but one that has controllable playback functiosn, as if it were any
old wavetable synth. but that wavetable could be a many minute long
sample?

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
   jsegel at magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite at yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com