[linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 30 06:02:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 09:10:32 +0100, tim hall wrote:
> <OT>
> If anybody knows how to do this with QSynth / Fluid / Soundfonts generally I'd
> love to know about it. This is one of the things I most hate about
> soundfonts.
> </OT>

pitchwheel? (seriously) DLS or GM defines a standard range for pitchweel,
so you could write/beg/borrow/steal some code to send a onetime pitchbend
message over alsasequencer that would retune all the synths to a
particular A tuning.

Assuming the soundfont engine supports pitchbend, but I would imagine it
does.

FWIW my "less trivial" DSSI synth example supports retuning A, but in all
other ways its completely useless :)

- Steve