[linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jul 30 06:54:47 EDT 2004

Hallo,
Dave Robillard hat gesagt: // Dave Robillard wrote:

> I'm designing a modular synth engine, and would like to get some input
> on desired features/abilities to make sure it's designed in a way that
> will make it the most flexible.
>
> So, what features are important to you in a synth?  What annoys you
> about the current crop of linux synths?

The most important feature of a modular synth is IMO a way to build
reusable building blocks. Think functions or objects in programming
languages. You may want to take a look at how this is implemented in
Pd amd jMax. Without this a modular synth will become unusable almost
immediatly. Be prepared for users which  want to create hundreds of
modules, this is not unusual at all.

Ciao