[linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Jul 31 04:13:07 EDT 2004

Last Friday 30 July 2004 19:22, Dave Robillard was like:
> I need a good
> flexible, polyphonic LADSPA-using modular synth, and one doesn't exist.
> So........

I'm with you on this one Dave. I think there isn't much point in developing a
new sound generation app _unless_ it takes advantage of existing developments
in the LAD arena. I don't like monolithic apps generally, although I do
appreciate that it can use less system resources to run one big application
rather than 3 small ones via JACK. Having realised that LADSPA does have all
the bits you need to make a synth, it would seem logical to put it all
together in a LAD-standards-compliant package (inasfar as those standards can
be said to exist).

>From what I've read so far, I have a feeling that your planned application is
likely to meet my compositional needs, especially as you are canvassing
opinions on this list so openly. I'll be fascinated to see what you come up
with and look forward to beta-testing it when the time comes.

Thanks for bothering.

tim hall