[linux-audio-user] Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels + XRuns with the Audiophile 24/96 M-Audio

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Jun 2 06:46:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:31:23 -0700
Jos Laake <jos at radiks.net> wrote:

> Malcolm Baldridge wrote:
>
> > In contrast, my IDE drives have failed abruptly and without warning, many
> > times before the warranty was expired.  I have a bucket of such drives,
> > which I intend to take the platters out to make attractive and very smooth
> > drinks coasters.
>
> Those platters also make fine wind chimes, although it's
> better to use several drives of different sizes as all those
> precisely machined platters from the same drive play exactly
> the same note. ;-)

My favorite use was by an old client of mine.  He'd take all the dead
hardware up to a camp and blow the holy hell out of it with all different
sorts of firearms.

I have a drive here that he gave me that was shot with a .357 Magnum.
It has a very neatly punched hole right through the platters!  I keep
it on my desk as a warning to the rest of the hardware.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com