[linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand

Carl Hetherington lists at carlh.net
Wed Jun 2 09:57:43 EDT 2004

[snip]

> > Do you have any thoughts on the MIDI sending change?  Perhaps you know the
> > reason for jack_fst doing it differently?
>
> some plugins are very picky about what function is called in which
> thread.
>
> we also expect the plugins to behave as bad as possible.
> which in this case is have one list of events without locking, or with
> locking and audio thread blocking.
>
> so the most sensible thing is insert the midi stuff in the audiothread.

That's what I thought.  At some stage I'll submit my patch to vsti which
makes this change there as well.

It seems that the VST spec is not very specific about which functions can
be called in what threads.

> galan does the same thing.
>
> does jack_fst work ?

Unfortunately not.  I'm still getting the same segfault which I reported
to this list on Thu, 27 May 2004 under the thread "jack_fst segfault".

If there's anything I can do to help solve the jack_fst problems, please
let me know.

Thanks

Carl