[linux-audio-user] Synchronization

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Jun 2 12:55:35 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 5:30 pm, Them wrote:
> Any online documentation to look at?  I couldn't find any... if
> there is also some kind of auto-sync so when the MIDI playback
> starts in Rosegarden, Ardour will automatically start recording the
> incoming audio would be useful also.

Sounds like you need JACK transport support.  Look for a menu for
"JACK transport mode" in Rosegarden's sequencer configuration page,
and set that to "Sync"; and in Ardour's Sync options page set the
"Sync Source" to "JACK".  Then it should just do what you want.

One caveat: last time I tried this, I set things up as above, armed
record in Ardour, hit Play in Rosegarden, and although Ardour did
start up, it just played; it didn't record at all.  I only managed to
get Ardour to record by also starting the transport from within
Ardour.  That was not an especially new version of Ardour -- I should
check what current versions do -- or maybe someone with a better
acquaintance with Ardour can fill this bit in quicker than I can.

Chris