[linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Jun 2 14:21:29 EDT 2004

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:19:40AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>>torbenh at gmx.de wrote:

>>>i will have a go and implement this into galan.
>>>what is interresting is which thread calls these callbacks.
>>>if its the audiothread its really no problem to implement this.
>>>

>>Torben,
>>   Just a heads-up.
>>
>>   I guess you and Paul are the implementers of libfst? I wanted to try
>>jack_fst instead of vsti this morning and found that libfst doesn't
>>build with the version of Wine I have installed. (20040505) At least
>>that's what I think is happening. Complains about too few arguments
>>being passed to something called wine_init.
>

> urgh... go down to an older version of wine.
> i will get this wine and fix libfst...
>
> hmm... strange the number of arguments for wine_init did not change.
> i am currently compiling wine and will try to build fst with it.
>

>>   The README says 'You will need a recent version of Wine'. I think my
>>setup qualifies, but who knows...
>

> your setup could be too recent.
> i will report back...
>

>>   I may try backing up to some earlier version of Wine if I get a
>>chance, but I cannot get support from the Wine developers unless I
>>present problem reports based on the newest version of Wine from CVS.
>>
>>   I may just need to clean all this Wine stuff out and start over.
>>It's a mess after trying to install IE6 using Frank's Corner so that I
>>could try out Acid Pro under Wine.
>>
>>Thanks a lot,
>>Mark

mark at flash mark $ wine --version
Wine 20040505
mark at flash mark $ ./configure
<SNIP>
config.status: fst/include/config.h is unchanged

Configure finished.  Do 'make' to build the project.

mark at flash fst-1.5 $ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mark/data/fst-1.5/fst'
gcc -c  -I. -Iinclude -I/usr/local/include/wine/windows/..
-I/usr/local/include/wine/windows/../..
-I/usr/local/include/wine/windows -g -O2 -fPIC -I .. -I./vst
-DDLLPATH=\"/usr/local/lib/wine\" -DLIBPATH=\"/usr/local/lib\"
-D_REENTRANT -o libwinelib.o libwinelib.c
libwinelib.c: In function `SharedWineInit':
libwinelib.c:304: warning: passing arg 3 of `wine_init' from
incompatible pointer type
libwinelib.c:304: warning: passing arg 4 of `wine_init' makes pointer
from integer without a cast
libwinelib.c:304: error: too few arguments to function `wine_init'
make[1]: *** [libwinelib.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mark/data/fst-1.5/fst'
make: *** [fst] Error 2
mark at flash fst-1.5 $