[linux-audio-user] libfst: was: Steinberg The Grand

Werner Schweer ws at seh.de
Thu Jun 3 14:20:03 EDT 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 19:33, Mark Knecht wrote:
> torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> > how does  /usr/local/include/wine/library.h
> > declare wine_init ?
> >
> > here its
> > extern void wine_init( int argc, char *argv[], char *error, int
> > error_size );
> >
> > and in the new version i dled its the same.
> > this must be due to the patches you applied to wine.
>
> It's different here:
>
> extern void wine_init( int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[], char error,
> int error_size );
>
> Don't ask me! Programming is magic and version control is non-intuitive.

my changed libwinelib.c looks like this:

int
SharedWineInit (void (*sighandler)(int,siginfo_t*,void*))
{
      unsigned char     Error[2024]="";
      char *WineArguments[] = {"sharedapp", LIBPATH "/libfst.so", NULL};
      void* stackbase;
      size_t stacksize;
      void *ntdll;
      void *ntso;
      char ntdllpath[PATH_MAX+1];
      char* dlerr;
      char* env[] = { NULL };

      sharedwine_signal_handler = sighandler;

      if (setjmp (jump) == 0) {
            wine_init (2, WineArguments, env, Error, sizeof (Error));

hopefully this may work for you (at least it should compile).
I did not get fst working for me. It always crashes in wine_init() for
all tools (like fstconfig).
The core shows an destroyed stack and does not give useful information
(crash in lib function opendir()).
I tried different winelib versions, compiler(gcc3.3/3.4), linux versions
(2.4/2.6)
with no luck so far :-(

/werner