[linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Fri Jun 4 08:29:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:05:18PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
>
> >>It's different here:
> >>
> >>extern void wine_init( int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[], char error,
> >>int error_size );
> >>

> >i have successfully upgraded to wine-20040505:
> >galan and jack_fst work.
> >
> >now the Albino works just fine.
> >
> >my advice:
> >
> >emerge unmerge wine
> >install wine-20040505....
>
> I'm still broken. I had unmerged wine earlier
>
> The contents are wrong:
>
> extern void wine_init( int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[], char
> *error, int er
> ror_size );
>
> What am I doing wrong?

from the mail i got from werner, the signature of wine_init has changed
in the cvs version.

please use wine-20040505

i will add a test to the configure file soon...

but the problem seems to be the glibc.
i cant afford the time needed to update my glibc and debug this stuff
currently.

if you are brave, you can try
emerge /usr/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.3.1-r5.ebuild

if my suspicion is correct this should work or you.
build a binary package of your current glibc with quickpkg before that,
and have a boot cd handy in case of system breakage.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language