[linux-audio-user] Synchronization

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 09:55:13 EDT 2004

--- Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 08:48:43 +0100, Chris Cannam
> wrote:
> > I admit I found it rather perplexing that the
> transport started
> > rolling but nothing was recorded.  I spent ages
> trying to work out
> > what I'd misconnected -- took me quite a while to
> realise that it was
> > just because I'd started the transport from a
> different application.
> >
> > I imagine this is unlikely to be fixed before 1.0?

There's definitely sync issues with Ardour. They are
probably known and it was Paul's hope to begin working
on them during the later part of this week. I think
things didn't work out with his schedule.

Part of Paul's methodology includes access to a Mackie
8bus where he can test traditional sync solutions and
MMC. It makes sense that jack transport sync and SMPTE
or MTC will be examined together.

The real good news is that the feature freeze and push
for 1.0 will cause these interfaces to be worked on.
I'm getting pretty excited about it because I think
it's going to happen soon. :)

ron