[linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Sat Jun 5 12:56:39 EDT 2004

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> the version string of a cvs checkout is meaningless.
>
> dont use the cvs version.

Yes, the guys on the Wine Users lists told me much the same thing
yesterday, but they also showed me that doing

cvs checkout -r Wine-20040505 wine

will get me the official revision that you wanted me to use. There's
also the ability to get it by date:

cvs update -D "2004-05-05 20:00:00 CDT"

if you know the date and time you are looking for.

THE GOOD NEWS: jack_fst now compiles as you said it would. (I got a
little help from Jesse off list on the VST .h file. Thanks Jesse! I also
think Frank's instructions are probably good too.)

THE BAD NEWS: Since it was a new Wine version I had to reinstall Groove
Agent before I could try it out again. Unfortunately GS does not install
with wine-20040505, but does install with the most up to date CVS version.

I think part of this may be the Wine config file so I'll look at that
more today, but as of right now GA doesn't install so I need to figure
out how to get around that.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Mark