[linux-audio-user] Re: Audio CD track marks

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Sat Jun 5 17:04:28 EDT 2004

> (I had always misinterpreted 'cdrdao' as cd-READ-at-once and didn't
>  realize that it can *write* cd's too...)

Actually, it standards for "Compact Disc Recordable Disk-at-Once", referring
to the method of recording.  Disk-at-Once [or Session-at-Once] recording
allows you full control over inter-track gap and PQ subcode bits.

Most people who are shy about cutting up their large recordings into tracks
because of fears of audio skips/pauses are probably accustomed to the
Track-at-Once recording methods which generally induce at least one or two
frames of discontinuity between tracks (1-2/75ths of a second).

The Dark Lord Sauron burns all of his audio CDs in DAO for Quality,

=MB=
--
A focus on Quality.